- Introduction of positions of body (croisé, effacé, en face)
- Introduction of two-leg to one-leg relevés.
- Use of sous-sus.
- Introduction of one-leg to two-leg jumps and two-leg to one-leg jumps.
- Emphasis on exercises preparatory to turning – students should be ready for the introduction of pirouettes in Level C.
- Strengthening relevé, in preparation for pre-pointe in Level C.
- Strengthening of balance, on demi-pointe, and on one leg.
- Strengthening the relevé.
- Solidifying pirouettes: doubles from 5th, 2nd and 4th; on pointe as well.
- Introduction of more complicated turns (flic-flac, fouettés, attitude and arabesque, en dehors piqués) and jumps (temps de cuisse, brisé, cabriole, saut-de-basques, etc.)
- Increasing ballet vocabulary through new steps.
- Continued work on movement quality, through more complex combinations of steps, and emphasis on the transitions between them.
- Mastery of basic elements of posture and position: straight spines, stretched legs, feet pointed straight (neither winged nor sickled).
- Mastery of basic technical elements and related vocabulary.
- Knowledge of basic épaulement (head turned in direction of front leg).
- Strong two-foot relevés and jumps.